Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Practicum - Week 14

Dates: Monday, November 27th and Friday, December 1st



Monday, November 27th
Since I am nearing the end of my practicum, I discussed final assignments and tasks for the last remaining days.  I plan to finish as much of the weeding recommendations as possible and will present the final document to my supervisor on Friday.

Friday, December 1st
Today I helped the Teen Department begin decorating for the Christmas season.  The City of McAllen will be holding a Christmas decorating contest across the entire city, allowing all city departments and services to decorate. The library selected to a peppermint gingerbread house theme and each library department will get to decorate as they wish.  In the Teen Department, I covered the book shelf ends in brown paper and created two gingerbread house scenes.  This took the entire day!





Weekly Reflections:

Decorating for the City's Christmas decoration contest was a lot of fun and was also a great way to relieve stress.  Its been a very long semester of work and school so it was fun getting to cut out Christmas decorations while listening to Christmas music and talking with my fellow colleagues.  I was reminded that even decorating for the different seasons is part of a librarian's job.  It is important that we create a fun and welcoming environment that invites patrons to visit the different areas and peruse the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment