Monday, November 27, 2017

Practicum - Week 3

Date: Friday, September 15 (2 hours)

Friday, September 15th



I was officially assigned to the Teen Department and met with the Teen Services Supervisor, April.  We sat down and talked about the needs and interests of the department for future programming and project proposals.  April told me she would like to see more programming that involves career preparation for teens, college visits, and financial aid assistance.  She also identified that the Teen Department's nonfiction collection needed attention by identifying which titles need to be weeded and what new additions would help to strengthen it.

Weekly reflection:  I'm excited to be working in the library's Teen Department.  Much of my coursework has focused on children and young adult literature so it will be exciting to see how I can apply what I've learned to an actual library setting.  I'm really interested in assisting with programs that can help teens prepare for college since I currently work at a local community college.  I think my 10 years of experience working in a college environment will help me generate ideas for programs the McAllen Library's Teen Department can implement.

No comments:

Post a Comment